Sunday, April 15, 2012

Funky

 It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything.  Finally over the worst of my back pain, and now I'm in a bit of a mental slump.  I've been in a little bit of a funk the last few days, maybe from working 5 days this week, maybe for other reasons.  But what better way to get out of it than to take advantage of the gorgeous views today with my two favorite fluffies.  After breakfast at Sue's house and the last bit of some housework, I headed for the hills with Franklin and Artemis.

G and I were at the base a Grandeur Mtn a few weeks ago waking the dogs, and spotted an alternate route up a side canyon that looked interesting.  It was filled with slippery snow back then, but today it was in perfect condition ~ nice and tacky.


We spotted the first real wildflowers of the season ~ dogtooth violets and paintbrush.  The sky was beautiful blue with big, white, puffy clouds.  The wind was fresh and the sun was stellar.  Beautiful view of the city and up the canyon from where I was.  And the best part ~ only three people seen on this historic, little-traveled trail, right on the edge of a million-plus people's residences.


Just the sort of day I needed to get me out of the funk.  My back is feeling better and my head cleared out a bit today.  Push that stress to the side, and realize what makes this life a good one ~ good friends, sweet dogs, and beautiful mountains.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back is feeling better.
    Sounds like you and the dogs had a nice time!
    Love ya, S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this will be one of my new favorite runs.

    ReplyDelete